Whether used as a dip or a spread, this creamy, smooth hummus is not only enriched with fresh sweet potatoes for extra vitamins, but is also elevated with a generous amount of high quality Lazarus Naturals CBD. Plus, you can take advantage of the recipe’s innate flexibility: Use the unflavored isolate or full spectrum variety you prefer, and adjust the quantity based on your needs and preferences.
Makes 2½ cups / 10 servings
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 1 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1½ cups cooked garbanzo beans (freshly cooked or 1 15-ounce can, drained)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 5 ml Lazarus Naturals High Potency Full Spectrum CBD Tincture, or other Lazarus Naturals unflavored variety (use more or less CBD as desired)
- 1 large clove garlic
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds and paprika, for serving (optional)
Fill a large pot with an inch or two of water and fit with a steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and add the sweet potatoes to the basket. Cover, and steam for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are very soft. Remove the potatoes from the pot, and let them cool to room temperature.
To a food processor, add the cooled potatoes, garbanzo beans, tahini, lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, tamari, and Lazarus Naturals High Potency Full Spectrum CBD Tincture or other Lazarus Naturals unflavored variety. Also add the garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, and ¼ cup water. Process the hummus until completely smooth, adding additional water a tablespoon at a time if needed to thin the hummus further. Finally, taste for seasoning, and add additional garlic, salt, cayenne or even more Lazarus Naturals CBD if you prefer.
Transfer the finished hummus to a serving bowl, and top with a drizzle of olive oil, as well as a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds and paprika, for garnish.
Stored in sealed container and refrigerated, Sweet Potato Hummus will last up to 7 days.