Cauliflower makes the perfect base for this vibrantly spiced soup that’s upgraded with all the benefits of Lazarus Naturals High Potency Full Spectrum CBD Tincture.
Makes 6 cups / serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, white and light green parts sliced thin (about 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets (about 6 cups)
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons yellow or chickpea miso paste
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 ml Lazarus Naturals High Potency Full Spectrum CBD Tincture, plus extra for garnish
- Chopped cilantro and/or mint, for serving (optional)
Warm the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the leeks, and cook for 5 minutes to soften, stirring occasionally. Add the cumin seeds, crushed red pepper, and turmeric, and cook for 1 minute longer, stirring constantly. Add the cauliflower, water, and miso paste, then season with ¾ teaspoon sea salt and ½ teaspoon ground black pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer. Cover the pot, leaving open a 1-inch crack for steam to escape, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and add the cashews. Let the soup simmer for another 5 minutes, uncovered, then turn off the heat and let the soup rest for a few minutes longer to cool slightly. Stir in the lemon juice and 2 ml Lazarus Naturals High Potency Full Spectrum CBD Tincture.
Working in batches as needed, transfer the soup to a blender, and blend until very smooth. Return the soup to the pot to keep warm, and adjust seasonings if desired.
Serve the soup warm, topped with a few drops of Lazarus Naturals High Potency Full Spectrum CBD Tincture, extra ground black pepper, and chopped herbs for garnish.