A Guide On How To Live A More Natural Life
Read Time: 8 minutes
What is a natural lifestyle?
A natural lifestyle is a life centered around your physical, mental, social, and emotional well-being. It involves making consistent healthy choices every day to benefit yourself, your relationships, body, and headspace. But the term natural is just that — it’s comfortable, and it’s easy. More likely than not, it’s already second nature. Chances are, you already enjoy doing it in some ways, and it’s making you feel better.
An ideal natural lifestyle is a little different from person to person. It isn’t something you have to define or refine, but it’s a conscious effort to do, feel, and live better through your daily choices. Most of the time, it involves employing a self-care regimen and doing what it takes to lead your ideal lifestyle naturally to feel your best and feel more like the best and happiest version of yourself. This can include switching to a natural cleaning product, limiting processed food, incorporating more healthy food options, upping your supplement routine, going on a daily walk and getting fresh air, or even incorporating CBD products into your day.
Read on to learn the different ways you can start living a more natural lifestyle.
Why living life more naturally is better for your wellness
Before you begin crafting your wellness goals, learning how to live a more natural life starts with understanding why it’s so important. While everyone has a different definition of natural, the best way to ensure your long-term wellness comes from checking all the boxes for keeping your mind and body balanced and functioning at its best. As the saying goes, you can’t pour from an empty cup, after all.
Natural living involves doing what we need to do to feel our best in our minds and bodies. These are daily, natural tasks like caring for our minds and bodies that help us perform and feel better for ourselves and the people around us. Acts of self-care are an extension of wellness and an essential part of leading a natural, healthy lifestyle.
According to a study by Kelton Global, 51% of Americans feel burnt out on a daily basis, and as it stands, only 30% of people are making time for self-care at all.¹ Of those who practice self-care, 1 in 3 people, feels guilty about it. Many mental biases come along with practicing self-care, but at the end of the day, those who practice it feel better equipped to handle their daily lives, take control of their health, and be closer to their loved ones.
Living a more natural life can improve practically many aspects of your daily experience. Even with increasingly busy lives and the guilt involved with putting yourself first, looking out for yourself may make you feel physically better.² The better you feel, the better you can perform at work, school, at home, and in relationships. This brings about a deeper sense of connection and gratitude to yourself and to the world around you, which is as natural as it comes and something that we often distract ourselves from during the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
How to live a natural lifestyle
To live a natural lifestyle, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with your wants and needs. From the same study, Kelton Global found that people in relationships and people with children often make much less time for self-care than single people do, so a lot of it starts with getting back in touch with yourself and forcing yourself into some guilt-free you-time.
If you can dedicate just one hour a day to practice self-care, you’re already on the road to leading a more natural life. Again, you can’t pour from an empty cup. Your loved ones will still love you if you take an hour for yourself once in a while to recharge your batteries and feel happier and refreshed.
At the core of everything you do, you should also be thinking about how you feel. Say no to obligations you don’t have space for, and cut out negativity wherever you can. Trust the process and love and honor your body in a physical sense. Speak kindly to yourself when you’re stressed or scared or angry, and talk to yourself like you’d talk to a small child. Keeping your mentality in check helps make everything you do feel much easier, and it makes living more naturally feel more attainable and comfortable. Above all else, trust yourself and do what feels right when it feels right.
6 Easy Natural Living Tips
If you’re eager to start practicing how to live a natural lifestyle, try a few of these natural living tips. If you’re unsure where to start and need some time to make a few personal choices for your well-being, these tips are a great place to start. They may not all work for you, but they’re worth a shot if you’re trying to bring more health, connection, and wellness into your life as you work on your natural lifestyle.
- Drink more water — Water is one of the most important things in life, and you need it more than you think. Studies have shown that drinking water may lower your risk of anxiety and depression because it has been shown to provide energy to the brain, flush toxins from your body, and make it easier for your neurons to communicate— potentially improving your brain function.³ Many people don’t drink water and often experience dehydration, which can throw off your skin, digestive system, weight, and energy levels. Try to drink at least 64oz of water a day.
- Go for walks — Walking is a great habit not only for your physical health, but for your mental health too. It provides fresh air and a few minutes to experience nature and be quiet with your thoughts. It’s an easy, mellow experience that feels very refreshing and therapeutic. However, it’s also healthy in a physical sense as it may increase your cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones, and reduce stress and anxiety.⁴ If you’re looking to improve connections with your loved ones, walk with them, too. It’s a quiet, easy activity that feels good and can make you and your loved ones feel closer together.
- Explore natural remedies — Our bodies are subject to experiencing the occasional headache, bout of anxiety, or random ache or pain. But not everything warrants a trip to the doctor’s office. If you already lead a busy life, you don’t really have time for that anyway. Luckily, there are a lot of natural remedies to explore. You've probably heard of people saying to drink natural tea when you're sick or use natural products like essential oils instead of medication. One great way to help keep your body functioning at its best is with CBD. CBD has been shown to potentially help with stress, anxiety, sleep issues, lack of appetite, pain, and even inflammation.⁵ Taking a daily CBD supplement in the form of CBD oil capsules or CBD gummies may help you lead a more clear-headed, wellness-driven lifestyle, which is perfect when you’re trying to live more naturally.⁶
- Unplug from technology — Technology seems to be making us more anxious and stressed.⁷ We’re not meant to be plugged in and accessible to others and the problems of the world all of the time. Taking the time to unplug from technology allows us to connect deeper with ourselves, nature, and other people. It also gives us a chance to be more present-minded, possibly improving our relationships and overall health.⁸ Even if it’s just for an hour to have a meal with your family, it’s still a step towards reducing stress and living a more natural lifestyle. Not to mention that technology and social media can take a toll on our mental health, so unplugging and being present is an easy way to step back and enjoy the little moments with yourself and with your loved ones.
- Journal — The act of putting pen to paper and thinking about the things you feel as you write them down is a great way to help you stay more in tune with your emotions. Journaling may help improve your mood by making it easier to keep track of your problems, fears, and concerns.⁹ It may make it easier to identify the issues and provide positive self-talk and self-soothing skills while also identifying your negative behaviors. It’s a massive part of daily mindfulness, and writing for just 15 minutes a day might be the break you need to go deeper, express yourself, and find more meaning in your daily life.
- Get physical touch — A lot of Americans are touch starved.¹⁰ Still, the act of getting physical touch in the form of a massage, a hug, or a kiss, helps release oxytocin in your brain, potentially solidifying emotional and social bonds while reducing anxiety. Touch is a necessary part of wellness, and touch has been shown to possibly reduce depression and encourage a more positive outlook on life. Whether you seek a long hug from your partner or simply take an hour to get a massage, the result is the same: relaxation and a mental lift that can help make living naturally easier.
A natural lifestyle looks different for everyone. It’s a culmination of daily decisions to manage emotions, stresses, and fears more effectively while taking care to ensure our bodies are working at their peak physical performance so that we’re feeling our best. A combination of exercise, time alone, and time with your loved ones are essential ingredients to leading a happy, natural lifestyle. Whatever your natural lifestyle looks like, Lazarus Naturals CBD is here to help you feel your best and experience your version of wellness and well-being.
Leave a Reply