How To Make CBD Strawberry Lavender Rhubarb Ice Cream
What's better than ice cream? How about CBD ice cream!
Tara Snyder, one of our Lazarus Naturals influencers, shares how to make a delicious CBD strawberry lavender rhubarb ice cream. She uses two Lazarus Naturals products, our Standard Potency CBD Tincture and CBD Coconut Oil, as part of the recipe.
We're partnering with Tara for her commitment to showing others how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. We highly recommend following her website and Instagram account for more recipes and great wellness tips.
Strawberry Lavender Ice Cream
- 1 cup of grass-fed heavy whipping cream
- 2 can of full- fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of dried lavender or fresh ( roughly chopped)
- 2 cups of fresh straws sliced or frozen strawberry slices
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- 2-3 teaspoons of vodka (prevents the ice cream from forming ice)
- 2 droppers full of Lazarus Naturals CBD Standard Potency Tincture
- 10-15 ice cubes
- Cold water
- Plastic Ziploc bag
- Big bowl
- Bread loaf pan for ice cream and parchment to line a bread loaf pan with
- Make the crumble the day you’re churning your ice cream
- ¾ cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup of raw walnuts - roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of flax meal
- 1 ½ tablespoon of Lazarus Naturals CBD Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ⅓ cup of coconut flakes
- 5-6 extra stalks of rhubarb
- ½-⅔ cup of maple syrup, depending on how sweet you want the compote
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
Put your ice cream maker in the freezer 24-48 hours before you churn your ice cream. Add the heavy whipping cream and full-fat coconut milk to a medium sized saucepan. Once the coconut cream from the coconut milk has fully melted down, add the roughly chopped lavender. Continue to stir the mixture and before the mixture comes to a boil, remove from the heat. Let the mixture steep for 20-25 minutes or until the mixture has absorbed some lavender flavor. While the mixture is steeping, wash the strawberries and add the strawberries and 3 tablespoons of water to a high-speed blender and puree the mixture. Then using a fine mesh strainer, strain the lavender out by pressing down on the lavender to get the remaining flavor out of the flowers. Add the strawberry puree to the mixture and mix well. Then add in the vanilla extract and maple syrup. Add the mixture to a plastic bag and place into a large bowl with cold water and ice cubes (ice bath) overnight.
For The Crumble
Using a small pan, melt the Lazarus Naturals CBD Coconut Oil over medium to medium-low heat. Once melted, add the remaining ingredients and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
For The Compote
Wash the rhubarb and chop into ½ inch pieces. Add the rhubarb, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, and ginger to a medium size saucepan. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes while stirring every so often to prevent the compote from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Once it comes to a boil, turn down to medium-low heat and cover with a lid. Cook the compote for 15-20 minutes until the rhubarb has cooked down and some of the liquid has evaporated. You might end up with a little more than you need, but it’s great for topping the ice cream or added on top of toast. Set aside to let cool unless you make this the night before, then you can refrigerate and use for your ice cream.