Share Your Feedback On CBD With The FDA
UPDATE: The FDA has extended their deadline for comment submissions through July 16 at 11:59pm Eastern Time.
Do you want to help shape the future of CBD? The Food and Drug Administration is asking for comments to help determine how CBD products should be regulated.
The FDA held a May 31 hearing on this topic and more than 100 individuals spoke during 10 hours of testimony. However, it may take time for the FDA to define these regulations as they continue reviewing data.
Current FDA laws do not allow CBD to be added into food products. CBD products also cannot be marketed as dietary supplements or introduced into interstate commerce. This is because the FDA recognizes CBD as the active ingredient in an approved drug called Epidiolex. This FDA-approved medication helps treat certain rare forms of pediatric epilepsy.
Share Your Comment
We encourage Lazarus Naturals customers to make public comments to the FDA on this matter. Your comment should detail your experience with CBD and suggest how it should be regulated. The FDA is accepting comments until July 2.
Click here to submit your comment. You can also upload forms, provide contact information or submit a comment on behalf of a third party.
The FDA specifically seeks feedback in three key areas: health and safety risks, manufacturing and product quality, and marketing, labeling and sales.
Tips For Comments
CBD advocates have already submitted more than 1,400 comments. That number will only increase in the next three weeks. Follow these tips to ensure the FDA reviews your comment carefully.
- Be concise and support your claims.
- Use sound logic and scientific evidence to justify your answers. You may also provide personal experiences with CBD and share how you will be impacted.
- Address any trade-offs and opposing views.
- Identify the issues in the regulatory action on which you are commenting. This will include providing a page number, column or paragraph citation from the federal register document.
- Identify any relevant personal or professional experience that will distinguish your comments from others.
Leave a Reply