The Ultimate Chocolate Chip CBD Cookies Recipe
With the holidays and all of their various stresses right around the corner, it's never too early to start thinking about cookies. Like CBD gummies, these festive treats are great for sharing and for giving yourself a much-needed break from the hustle and bustle of the holiday season with a sweet and sugary chocolate treat. This CBD cookie recipe is excellent for beginners and can be modified any way you like to suit your preferences with CBD products. Enjoy!
How to incorporate CBD into a cookie recipe
Cookies are one of the most versatile confections out there. You can make a cookie with a few base ingredients like butter, sugar, and flour and make them taste however you like. You can add everything from chocolate and peanut butter to peppermint candy canes, all according to your preferences, by simply adding them into your base dough. But when it comes to learning how to use CBD oil in your baked goods, how effective your infusion will be will depend on which type of CBD you use and when you incorporate it into the recipe.
For example, CBD chocolate will work best when you introduce it towards the end of baking the cookie dough. CBD works best when it's kept under 350 degrees. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures can start breaking down the CBD and render it slightly less effective. Making the best chocolate chip CBD cookies would involve you half-baking the dough and adding the CBD chocolate chips on top, similar to the way you'd make peanut butter blossoms with Hershey's kisses. This can be easily accomplished by breaking up pieces of our CBD dark chocolate bar into bite-sized bits before adding them to the cookies in the oven.
However, you can use CBD butter, CBD-infused coconut oil, or a flavored CBD oil tincture in your CBD baked goods and achieve the same results. You can even mix in your CBD chocolate to the dough with CBD butter or another CBD-infused ingredient and bake them like you usually would, though you'd want to add a slightly higher dose to your batch to compensate for some of the CBD destroyed during the act of baking.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip CBD Cookie Recipe
This CBD recipe is a great base recipe for CBD chocolate chip cookies. While it's made with CBD-infused chocolate, you can also add a CBD oil tincture with your ideal serving size, typically under 1-2mL. Feel free to experiment with it and try your own flavors.
You will need:
- ½ stick of softened butter
- 2 tbsp white sugar (granulated sugar)
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (one bar) of Lazarus Naturals Full-spectrum CBD-infused Dark Chocolate, cut into chunks
- Cranberries, raspberries, maple syrup, chopped nuts, etc. (optional, for added flavor)
To make 12 cookies (20mg CBD each)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla and egg until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients: baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Drop the cookie dough by the spoonful onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the center rack for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and let them cool on a wire rack.
What potency should you use to make CBD cookies?
Since everyone's body handles CBD differently, everyone will have a different ideal serving size in their perfect CBD cookie. The amount of CBD you choose to incorporate into your CBD chocolate chip cookie recipe depends on your personal preferences, experience level, and how big your batch is. Luckily CBD products are made to be easy to serve that way you can easily determine how much CBD to take.
For example, if you use half a cup (2 oz or 60g) of CBD chocolate that contains 240mg CBD in your recipe for 12 cookies, you'd have about 20mg of CBD in each cookie. If you used a quarter cup in 12 cookies, they'd be down to 10mg per cookie. This is a pretty standard serving, but you can always reduce the amount with a simple conversion by using less chocolate or more dough. The more cookies you make, the less potent each cookie will be.
If you go with a CBD tincture or with coconut oil, you can use this same logic. If a recipe calls for more CBD oil than you'd like to use, you can always replace the CBD oil with vegetable oil or regular coconut oil to keep your serving size low and still make the recipe correctly. At the end of the day, feel free to experiment with CBD. You can use more or less potent CBD products, and you can choose how strong you want them to be.
A few tips for baking with CBD
If you're ready to try your hand at your first CBD edibles, here are a few tips for making the most out of your first experience. Remember, baking is a science! Make sure your room temperature ingredients are actually room temperature before you get started. Happy baking!
- Use flavored CBD oil blends to alter flavors. We love our Chocolate Mint High Potency CBD Oil Tincture in peppermint chocolate chip cookies, though French Vanilla Mocha High Potency CBD Oil Tincture tastes great in sugar cookies!
- CBD chocolate can be chopped into chocolate chips. This method is extremely easy to find your best serving size.
- Chill your cookie dough before baking. It'll make your cookies thicker and more flavorful.
- Let your cookie sheet cool completely before adding more cookie dough to it if you're baking in batches.
- Try to keep your oven set to between 320 and 350 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent cooking your CBD out of the recipe. If your recipe is 375 or higher, try adding your CBD chocolate in at the end.
- CBD is pretty sensitive to light in heat, so make sure to store your CBD cookies in an airtight container in a dark, cool place.
- If you intend to share your CBD cookies, make sure you let people know that there's CBD inside them.
Enjoy baking or creating your own CBD chocolate chip cookie recipe. For more CBD products, visit Lazarus Naturals.